Dr.Ivar Van Heijningen
- Dr van Heijningen is a plastic surgeon who was trained in the Netherlands but moved to Belgium after marrying a Belgian anesthetist. He presently works in the AZ Zeno hospitals of Knokke and Blankenberge and his private clinic Duinbergen Clinic.
- He is member of renowned professional societies such as the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. He was chosen as secretary of the Belgian chapter of ISAPS, and was asked to chair the membership committee, he is member of the patient safety committee, the fellowship committee and the educational council. He is co-organiser of the ISAPS fresh cadaver dissection course in Liege.
- He is a board member of RBSPS as well. He initiated the European Standard for Aesthetic Surgery Services out of concern for patient safety. His work on this field was appreciated and he was asked to be International adviser of the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities.
- Recently he was nominated to be president-elect of the European Association of Societies for Aestheic Plastic Surgery (EASAPS).
- He is a member of the faculty of the ALLERGAN Medical Institute.